Recipe by SeasonedSoul
I got this recipe from a friend in a Ya-Ya group. Everyone raves when I fix this.
Top Review by JessFontenot
By far one of the best recipes for porkchops I've ever tried... my friends are always wanting an encore. I made a sourcream/mayo cream sauce with chopped cilantro and the left over seasoning... was VERY awesome. I'm sure making other meats in this way would be just as phenomenal.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 1/4 inches thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a small bowl, mix the chili powder with the cumin, salt and pepper. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork chops.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the pork chops and cook over high heat until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Add the garlic, lime zest, lime juice and cilantro to the skillet and roast the chops in the center of the oven for 10 minutes, or until rosy throughout.
- Transfer to plates and serve.