1/2 Photos of Chili Dogs
1 hr 5 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
Do you like Chili Dogs? You'll like Paul Deen's recipe for Chili Dogs that was on her show, "Let's Party". She is a riot and she makes you want to eat these by just watching her. They are so good. You can use my recipe Mimi's Chili or the one below which is good. If you have any Chili left over, freeze it for the next batch. Also, canned Chili may be used if you wish. Great for the Super Bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage (I use sweet)
- 3 onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oregano (I used 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (28 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2In a Dutch oven combine the hamburg, sausage, onions, and garlic.
- 3Cook over medium heat till brown, stir breaking up the meat as it cooks.
- 5Stir in chili powder, flour, sugar, oregano, salt; stir well.
- 6Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add tomatoes and beans and simmer another 20-30 minutes.
- 9Butterfly the hotdogs lengthwise, making sure you do NOT cut all the way through.
- 10Put the butter in a frying pan and melt.
- 11Put in the hot dogs and fry till done.
- 12Put the split rolls in the buttered frying pan and get it soggy (so says Paula), or put them on a grill just to brown them a little and they are heated.
- 13Put the hotdog in the bun with the split side up and then on a plate.
- 14Ladle the chili over the top.
- 15Then add the other condiments as desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (1464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1824.6
- Calories from Fat 858
- Total Fat 95.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 416.3 mg
- Sodium 3564.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.9 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 128.5 g