Top Review by bmcnichol
This was just OK for us. I doubled the recipe. I was a bit leary when it came to adding the mustard as I had never added mustard to chili. I tasted it before adding the mustard and it was a bit bland so I added half the mustard. After adding the mustard no one would eat it but me. We all like mustard but did not care for it in this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can Hunt's no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb turkey hot dogs
- 10 hot dog buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown beef and onions.
- Stir in tomato paste, water, chili powder, mustard, garlic powder, cumin, sugar and crushed red pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, heat or grill hot dogs.
- To serve, place hot dogs in buns; spoon chili down center of each.