Recipe by McNealman345
I had a craving for chili dogs, so that is what I planned for dinner. I assumed that I had a can of chili, but I didn't. So, this is what I came up with - It turned out great. I simmered the hot dogs in the sauce for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time. I didn't really measure when I was putting this together, so amounts are guestimates
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal chili paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and onions, crumbling up the meat as you go, then drain off the excess grease. Add the rest of the ingredients with enough water to get the consistency that you like. I put water into the empty chili sauce bottle, shake it and use that to thin the sauce down just a little.
- Bring mixture to a boil and turn down to very, very low and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over hot dogs with your favorite garnishes such as diced onion, mustard, relish, tomatos etc.