1/1 Photo of Chili Dog Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Red Hot Chili Peppers's Note:
Everyone has a favorite place that sells chili dogs with that "special sauce". We have one here too called Capitol Lunch. This recipe is a very close second to "Cappy's" that everyone is asking me "Where did you get the recipe?"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1In a 4 quart stock pot mix ground beef with worcestershire sauce and brown meat.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.
- 3Place meat into blender or food processor and chop very fine.
- 4Return to stockpot and simmer for one hour.
- 5SERVING SIZE IS APPROXIMATE -- you may get more or less depending on how much sauce you like on your dogs --.
- 6Helpful hint -- freeze sauce in old ice cube tray -- when frozen remove and place in freezer bag remove as need for you hot dogs. One "cube" should be enough for one dog.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Dog Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.2
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 113.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce