Everyone has a favorite place that sells chili dogs with that "special sauce". We have one here too called Capitol Lunch. This recipe is a very close second to "Cappy's" that everyone is asking me "Where did you get the recipe?"
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- In a 4 quart stock pot mix ground beef with worcestershire sauce and brown meat.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.
- Place meat into blender or food processor and chop very fine.
- Return to stockpot and simmer for one hour.
- SERVING SIZE IS APPROXIMATE -- you may get more or less depending on how much sauce you like on your dogs --.
- Helpful hint -- freeze sauce in old ice cube tray -- when frozen remove and place in freezer bag remove as need for you hot dogs. One "cube" should be enough for one dog.