Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this when I needed to use up hot dogs and wanted something different. Great party or game food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 hot dogs, sliced into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet over high heat, add beef, onion, and garlic. Brown for about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add hot dogs and continue browning, another 3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin. Cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Place mixture on pizza crust and top with cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Top with favorite chili dog toppings like saurkraut, raw onion, chopped tomato, relish or mustard.
My 9-yr old son asked me not to make this again until he's 89 years old - in other words, never. We all ate it, but the leftovers went in the trash. I don't know why, but it didn't work out for my family.
YIPPEE! This recipe is for ME! Is a GREAT comfort food recipe! Took previous reviewers advice, true! Used wholemeal pita and passata for sauce too! For a quick eat on the run! Love food when made is fun! THANKS!
Absolutely love this! Have made the recipe exactly as posted several times and don't have a desire to make any changes. Tastes like a homemade chili dog...a welcome change to hot dogs on buns with canned chili! Absolute kid (and DH) pleaser. Thanks for posting.