Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a slight variation on an old stand-by dip that most people make. We love it at all of our gatherings!
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili without beans (Campbell's, Hormel, etc)
- 2 hot dogs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof shredded cheddar cheese
- Frito Scoops or tortilla chips
- Heat hot dogs in the microwave for 30 seconds. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- In a 9x9 glass baking dish, spread the package of cream cheese.
- Pour the can of chili over the cream cheese.
- Place hot dog pieces on top of chili.
- Place chopped onions on top of hot dog pieces.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of everything.
- Heat in microwave on high for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
- Serve with Fritos, tortilla chips, or any other of your favorite dippers!
Good recipe. We made it in the slow cooker so it would stay warm throughout our party.
This was a tasty, easy appetizer dish. I added a little more heat to the chili and served it with tortilla chips as suggested. I also covered the dish when heating. Turned out great.