Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The method for making this chili is to boil the beef. Boiling the ground beef yields a smooth texture, perfect for chili dogs.
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add beef and boil for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain beef.
- Add remaining ingredients to beef and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot dogs with yellow mustard and onions.
This was tasty hot dog chili that everyone at my niece's birthday party enjoyed! Will make again.
Although the cooking time was a bit long, this chili was super-simple to make and totally worth it! Tasted great on dogs and can't wait to try it on some fries!
Made this for KelBel's Cookathon in honor of her dear husband, Eric. This was excellent chili. My crew loves chili dogs and they were not disappointed with this chili. It was super easy and very tasty.