This is a great solution to the "I have no idea what to make for dinner" dilema! Fast, simple, and filling!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly.
- Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.
- Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread the mustard over the chili and the onion.
- Top off with the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Tastes just like a chili cheese dog! Easier to eat, too! I'd add more onions next time and cheese. Quick and easy!
I love hot dogs and canned chili so this casserole was right up my alley. LOVED IT!!! Simple, easy and satisfied my craving. My husband, who is a little impressed with himself, rolled his eyes but once he dug in and started eating, he was won over. Thanks for the recipe, Yooper.
I've made this caserole many, many times and have never been disappointed. I mostly make it during the winter when cooking out hot dogs is not an option. I also grew up in Flint, Michigan home of the original Angelo's coney island hotdog......this casserole taste just like the one's I used to get as a teenager growing up in Flint.....try it. You won't be disappointed.......