Enjoy tater tots and chili dogs in one mouth-watering dish.
Make and share this Chili Dog Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour your Chili into a 9" X 13" pan. If the sauce doesn't comfortably cover the pan mix in a 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Cut up the Hot Dogs and mix into the chili.
- Make sure the hot dogs have at least some chili sauce on them or they will burn.
- Put as many frozen tater tots on top of mixture as they will fit without overlapping. A uniform pattern cooks better and faster.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tots are golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees.
- Lightly dust with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the tots and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.