Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
They say that necessity is the mother of invention. I did a lot of inventive cooking when I was a single mom of 3 hungry boys. Cheap and filling were top on the list, followed by...kids will eat it! I noticed other chili dog casseroles posted but they all call for hot dog buns. If you have a bun, make a hotdog! if you don't..make a casserole. hahaha
Top Review by *Parsley*
Clever and fun! Really tastes just like a chili dog! I made this as written and mixed a little ketchup in it too. Gives the adults heartburn just like a real chili dog too! ;) Sauerkraut would be great in this! Thanx for sharing this fun recipe.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (no beans)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 7x11 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut hotdogs into bite size pieces. Cut biscuits into quarters. Place biscuit pieces in bottom of dish. Layer hotdog bites over biscuits.
- Mix onion and mustard together and spread.
- over hotdogs. Combine 1/3 cup water and can of chili. Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Recipe can easily be doubled and cooked in 13x9 inch pan.