With a name like this it must be Rachael Ray!From 30 Minute Meals. Looks like a lot of ingredients but it is very easy!Great for football day.
- 8 slices center cut thick-cut smoky bacon or 8 slices other lean thick-cut smoky bacon
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 beef hot dogs or 2 pork hot dogs, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended ( Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, eyeball it, divided
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it, divided
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 4 slices deli sliced cheddar cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) bags frozen french fries (crispy style)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, a handful
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1⁄4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Place bacon on slotted broiler pan. Cook bacon 10 inches from the heat and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until crisp then adjust oven to bake setting for temperature recommended on fries packaging.
- While bacon cooks, make the burgers. Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix beef with diced dogs, chili powder, grill seasoning, Worcestershire, 1 teaspoon of hot sauce and ketchup.
- Form 4 large patties.
- Add a drizzle of oil, 1 turn of the pan and add the patties.
- Cook burgers 6 minutes on each side, then top with 2 slices bacon and 1 slice of cheddar, each.
- Turn pan off, cover with loose foil tent and let cheese melt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, add fries to oven and cook until extra-crisp. Remove from oven.
- Place butter, 1 tablespoon hot sauce and garlic in a small dish and microwave on high 20 seconds then transfer fries to a large bowl.
- Toss fries with garlic-hot sauce butter and chives and season with salt, to taste.
- Slather chili sauce on the tops of split kaiser rolls.
- Place bacon chili-cheese burgers on bun bottoms and top each burger with lettuce, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Set bun tops in place.
- Pile fries alongside and serve.
This was pretty decent, but eyeballing the hot sauce is terrible idea, please dont put hot sauce in your eyes unless you can tolerate spicyness
These were not bad, but.....and I am being very honest, as I like to rate recipes that I make truthfully. I found that the chili powder and Montreal Seasoning was overpowering. I also had a problem from keeping my patty from falling apart while cooking. I didn't make the fries, because I had mac & cheese with it. Thanks for posting.
This was our Sunday dinner and all I can say is "WOW"! I made only a couple of changes.... 1 tablespoon of chili powder to make it milder for my Dad and almost 3 year old twin granddaughters. I baked and tossed the Firey Fries which then seemed not too crispy so I put them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Otherwise, followed the recipe with corn on the cob as another side and what a treat this dinner was! Thanks Robyn for posting this fantastic dinner recipe!