Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great dip for potlucks, cook outs, etc.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Brown the meat and drain.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the meat.
- Add green pepper and onions; brown.
- Melt cream cheese on low flame.
- Add tomato paste; mix chili seasoning with 3/4 cup water.
- Add beans and cheese.
- Cook on low in crock pot for 1-2 hours.
- Serve warm with taco chips or Fritos.
Made this for an afternoon of football watching and my SO loved it, as did I. Worked with the ingredients that I had on hand as I didn't want to go to the store - spicy sausage instead of ground beef, 4 oz. cream cheese, red pepper, cheesy taco mix, tomato sauce and salsa instead of paste and about 6-8 oz of various grated cheeses. Also, added cayenne and worstershire sauce. Really works well with adaptations etc. and is now part of our rotation for "couchy" days.