Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A really tasty chili recipe from Men's Health... But women love it too! And it is easy! And healthy!
- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, your choice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with jalapeneos if you like)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Tabasco sauce
- Saute onions in olive oil in very large pan or big pot until soft.
- Add turkey and chunk up and brown.
- Add everything else.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, or up to a couple hours depending on how thick you want it.
- NOTE - Sometimes I use a giant can of Dei Frattelli (sp) whole tomatoes, cut them into fourths and then simmer longer than I would normally. I like the taste better, but the convenience of the above recipe is great.
Very good but there is one omission from the original recipe as posted in Men's Health and that is 14 OZ LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH (1 can).