- 1 onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, your choice
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with jalapeneos if you like)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in olive oil in very large pan or big pot until soft.
- Add turkey and chunk up and brown.
- Add everything else.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, or up to a couple hours depending on how thick you want it.
- NOTE - Sometimes I use a giant can of Dei Frattelli (sp) whole tomatoes, cut them into fourths and then simmer longer than I would normally. I like the taste better, but the convenience of the above recipe is great.