Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something new for the cooking enthusiasts. I think you'll love it.
- 2 lbs red snapper, cut into 1-in . strips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chipotle or ancho)
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lime wedges
- Pat snapper fingers dry with paper towel.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Combine salt, pepper, flour, cumin, garlic power and chili powder on a shallow plate. (Can season snapper strips with salt and pepper, also.) Coat fish fingers with flour mixture; dip in egg mixture, then into flour mixture. Set aside to dry for 5-10 minute.
- Melt the butter and oil together in a heavy skillet over moderate heat. When butter foams, add the fingers; cook 3-5 minute on each side until browned and cooked through. Serve with lime wedges.