- 4 large onions (I use vidalia)
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Core the onion.
- Mix the chopped onion cores with bread crumbs, celery, cornmeal, butter, chili powder and oregano.
- Fill each onion with filling and place in baking dish.
- Add water to dish and cover with foil.
- Bake until onions are tender--about 35-40 minutes.