This is from a book called "After-Work Dinners". You may use pork or chicken. It's great if you like sweet and mild flavors. I serve it over Uncle Ben's 90-second microwave rice.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- In large skillet, slowly brown pork or chicken on both sides in oil.
- Pour chili sauce mixture over the meat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked and sauce is of desired consistency, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
We enjoyed this over rice as suggested. I omitted the allspice and cooked in crockpot. Turned out really tender and flavorful. A little sweeter than anticipated, but made sandwiches with leftovers and added a little mild salsa, and it was truly delicious. Thanks for sharing.