Recipe by MizzNezz
When I take this to a potluck, I always have copies of the recipe with me! There are never any leftovers!
Top Review by Tina
This is a fantastic recipe! I did some minor changes simply due to my "inventory" but the different textures and flavors make this dish! Instead of cumin/oregano/sage (I didn't have those) I just taco seasoning. Instead of Mayonaise and ranch mix, I just used ranch dressing in a bottle. This was a huge hit and everyone wanted the recipe!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Prepare corn muffin mix per instructions.
- Add next 4 ingredients to batter.
- Spread into 8x8 greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- Crumble half the corn bread into a 13x9 dish.
- Layer with half the beans.
- Now half the mayonnaise mixture.
- Half the corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.