Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
When I take this to a potluck, I always have copies of the recipe with me! There are never any leftovers!
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Prepare corn muffin mix per instructions.
- Add next 4 ingredients to batter.
- Spread into 8x8 greased baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- Crumble half the corn bread into a 13x9 dish.
- Layer with half the beans.
- Now half the mayonnaise mixture.
- Half the corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
This is a fantastic recipe! I did some minor changes simply due to my "inventory" but the different textures and flavors make this dish! Instead of cumin/oregano/sage (I didn't have those) I just taco seasoning. Instead of Mayonaise and ranch mix, I just used ranch dressing in a bottle. This was a huge hit and everyone wanted the recipe!
JUST INCREDIBLE! Took it to our church potluck and it just disappeared into thin air!!! So many flavors and textures in your mouth, um um it was vastly superior to ANY cold salad I have ever made! This one goes immediately into my permanent file..THANKS A MILLION!!
Inez, you came to the rescue again! I had a party to go to on Sat night, and was asked to bring a dish to pass. I've had this one in my cookbook for ages, and I'm so glad I chose to make it! This was the hit of the party! I tried to serve it cut into squares but as the drinks flowed my rowdy friends were digging in and eating it right out of the dish with their spoons! I have a recipe for a corn bread salad, but I really like the Mexican twist with this one, and the layered look as well! I'm going to toss my old recipe out and use this one from now on!