Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have taken this to many potlucks. Always popular.
Top Review by bella214
My husband's mother used to make this so he was so excited to have found this one. We made it the other night and were totally thrilled with it. This is full of good stuff. I served this over a bed of lettuce. The dressing is spicy and I would highly recommend this to anyone.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packageenvelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Stir in the chilies, cumin, oregano, and sage.
- Spread in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tests done; cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into a 13x9 inch dish.
- Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat layers (dish will be very full).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.