Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
I have taken this to many potlucks. Always popular.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packageenvelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions.
- Stir in the chilies, cumin, oregano, and sage.
- Spread in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until tests done; cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, sour cream and dressing mix; set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into a 13x9 inch dish.
- Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mixture, corn, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, bacon and cheese.
- Repeat layers (dish will be very full).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
My husband's mother used to make this so he was so excited to have found this one. We made it the other night and were totally thrilled with it. This is full of good stuff. I served this over a bed of lettuce. The dressing is spicy and I would highly recommend this to anyone.
I remember my Aunt Frannie making something very similar to this. Tastes great just like her's did. I made this the other night and we are still eating on it. It does make quite a lot. Very yummy and got the thumbs up from my family.
I have made this recipe many times and always to rave reviews. Last year when our internet cooking club met I served this and thats all they talked about! It makes such a large amount we ate on it (along with other goodies)all weekend.