Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use up that last bit of chili! A very cheap and easy meal. For variations, add cheese, cream corn, onions, and/or jalapenos to the batter. Can be made in advance.
- 1 package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 cups leftover chili
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to temperature according to cornbread mix.
- Mix Jiffy cornbread mix according to directions for 8x8 pan.
- Spray pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Spread chili in the bottom of the 8x8 pan, then spread the cornbread batter overtop.
- Bake as directed for cornbread.
Good idea.I added some leftover creamed corn and 1 tbsp to the jiffy mix,and put a layer of mexi-blend cheese on top of the chili before spreading the batter on top.Kids and hubby ate it all up.No leftover leftovers,lol.Good flavor,quick and a fridge cleaner.lol
This is packed with flavor. I added an extra egg and a couple tablespoons of honey to the cornbread mix. My family gobbled it up. Thanks!
What a great way to rework leftovers. I added a layer of shredded Mexican blend cheese between the chili and the cornbread crust. We served this up with a simple iceberg lettuce, tomato, and red onion salad dolloped with guacamole. Yummy comfort food for a cold night.