Recipe by Melanie Murray
If you are a cornbread lover, this is yummy. It is different and a little spicy but delicious. I eat this in between meals as a snack. Also, at my house, it is served with my homemade chili!
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Add corn, jalapeno peppers and onion; stir.
- Combine milk, honey, oil and egg whites; stir.
- Add to flour mixture stirring until dry mixture is moistened.
- Spoon batter into 9 inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.