Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family is not fond of Mexican food, but I like it. I'm posting this recipe so other can enjoy it.
- 1 cup cornmeal, plus
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 14 3⁄4 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Sprinkle in greased 13x9-inch baking pan 1 tablespoon corn meal; set aside.
- In a bowl combine salt, baking soda, and remaining cornmeal.
- In another bowl, beat eggs; add corn, milk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan.
- Layer with beef, cheese, chilies, and onion.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This is so fast and easy to put together and everyone loved it. Put together a tossed salad with this cassarole and you have a great meal.