Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently saw this in the Dallas Morning News Food Section and thought it looked quick and easy. Update: I recently fixed this. I tasted it before I put it in the baking dish & felt it needed something. I added more chili powder, garlic powder, some cumin and cayenne. Cornbread lattice really added to it. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) canof chili style tomatoes (Rotel or mexican style tomatoes may be substiuted, just add some chili powder to them)
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated cornbread twists dough (Walmart has them)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skilled add oil and brown ground beef and onion.
- Drain off any fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- Open cornbread twists and separate into strips.
- Lattice cornbread over chili mixture.
- Bake until corn twists are lightly browned (about 12- 15 minutes).
- Remove and serve with cheese and sour cream - if desired.