Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A dipping sauce for your favorite Burrito recipe. It will be gone before the Burritos! *Recipe from Emeril's cookbook
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced yellow onion
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh sweet corn kernels (from 3 medium-size ears)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the corn, garlic, and jalapeno and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to gentle boil, and cook until the cream reduces by one fourth, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a blender or using a handheld blender, puree the sauce until smooth.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Serve the sauce hot with the burritos.