1/1 Photo of Chili Corn Custard (Solo)
As a solo chef, I always enjoy single serving recipes that not only work well but are healthy and nutritious as well Not only is this great as presented, several variations offered as well. Serve this with a green salad for a quick and effortless supper or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup fresh corn (thaw frozen corn first) or 3/4 cup frozen corn (thaw frozen corn first)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk or 1/2 cup low-fat milk or 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon roasted red pepper, finely chopped
Possible add-ins (choose 1)
- 1Place oven rack in the center. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2 cup casserole dish with the canola oil.
- 3Add the corn (fresh or thawed frozen) to the bottom of the dish. If you are using one of the optional ingredients, mix with corn and add at this step.
- 4In a small bowl beat together the egg, chili powder, salt and hot sauce. Make sure the eggs are well blended with no streaking of whites or yolks.
- 5If you are using non-fat milk mix in the dry milk powder checking that there are no lumps. Beat the milk into the egg mixture.
- 6Add in the roasted red peppers and minced onions to the custard mix. Pour custard over the corn and any additions you may have added.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Custards should be puffed but just barely set in the centers. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Custard will set up during this time.
- 8For Vegetarian do not use the ham or shrimp options.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Corn Custard (Solo)
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 216.6 mg
- Sodium 520.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 20.0 g