Recipe by HisPixie
Basically a no-crust quiche. Serve with green salad. From "Healthy Cooking for You (or Just You)", Frances Price, RD
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh or thawed frozen corn)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, chopped (or roasted red peppers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For each serving, spread 3/4 cup corn in bottom of each casserole.
- Beat the eggs, chili powder, salt and hot-pepper sauce until foamy. Beat in the milk, onions, and pimentos (or red peppers). Pour the egg mixture over the corn.
- Bake the custards on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the custards are puffed but barely set in the center. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.