Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe that used some of our home grown peppers. I used a combination of several members recipes and I little of my own invention.
- 1 lb beef
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- chop peppers and onion into small cubes (I like mine tiny, but it's to taste ).
- place peppers and onion in large skillet with beef and cook until beef is done and onions are translucent - drain.
- add tomato sauce, rotel (drained), water, and taco seasoning and cook until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- while this is cooking mix jiffy with egg and milk per package directions ( I like mine to sit for about 5-10 minutes to "puff up").
- slice velveeta into 1/4 inch slices
- put beef mixture into 9 by 13 inch glass oven pan
- cover beef with velveeta slices
- drop tablespoons of corn bread mixture over everything. It doesn't need to be smooth.
- cover with foil and cook at 350 for 12-15 minutes
- uncover and cook at 400 for 5-10 minutes
- when cornbread looks light golden brown sprinkle sharp and mild cheese's on top and place back in oven until melted ( just a couple minutes)
- enjoy :).