Recipe by MadCity Dale
Condiments for cook offs. Adapted from recipe # 222150. Cut the texas toast in 1/2 and then strips 3/8" wide. Perfect to stuff into top of a 3 oz. chili sample. Cut crust off toast. Try anything that sounds tasty.
- 2 loafs Texas toast thick bread
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt butter; remove from heat, stir in parmesan and garlic (or other seasoning).
- Cut texas toast bread loaf into 1/2 x 3/8inch slices, cut crust off; place in large bowl.
- Drizzle garlic-butter over bread cubes, tossing lightly.
- Spread cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet or cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir; bake for 10 more minutes, stir again bake 5 minutes & check to see if the cubes are dry & crispy.
- SEASONING OPTIONS: Use seasoning ingredients listed below--instead of the garlic listed above. All other directions remain the same!
- Dill Croutons: 1 teaspoons dill weed.
- Cajun Croutons: 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Onion Croutons: 1/4 teaspoons onion powder.
- Mustard Croutons: 1 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Herby Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Pizza Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.