MadCity Dale's Note:
Condiments for cook offs. Adapted from recipe # 222150. Cut the texas toast in 1/2 and then strips 3/8" wide. Perfect to stuff into top of a 3 oz. chili sample. Cut crust off toast. Try anything that sounds tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Melt butter; remove from heat, stir in parmesan and garlic (or other seasoning).
- 3Cut texas toast bread loaf into 1/2 x 3/8inch slices, cut crust off; place in large bowl.
- 4Drizzle garlic-butter over bread cubes, tossing lightly.
- 5Spread cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet or cake pan.
- 6Bake for 15 minutes, stir; bake for 10 more minutes, stir again bake 5 minutes & check to see if the cubes are dry & crispy.
- 7SEASONING OPTIONS: Use seasoning ingredients listed below--instead of the garlic listed above. All other directions remain the same!
- 8Dill Croutons: 1 teaspoons dill weed.
- 9Cajun Croutons: 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- 10Onion Croutons: 1/4 teaspoons onion powder.
- 11Mustard Croutons: 1 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 12Herby Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 13Pizza Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Cook off Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (2 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Texas toast thick bread