Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an oh-so-easy, cheesy appetizer or snack. I recently made it for a backyard picnic, and everyone loved it. The brand of salsa I use is "Newman's Own" Chunky Roasted Garlic - Medium. It's very mild and not spicy at all. If you prefer a little more of a kick, add a finely chopped jalepeno pepper or other hot pepper of your choice. Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, medium heat
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (yellow cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- In a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cilantro.
- Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes, stirring every 1 minute, until texture is smooth (cheese should be completely melted and not stringy or chunky).
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve hot or warm with tortilla chips.