Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was born out of a spur of creativeness (and possibly a moment of laziness) one cold winter night. It has lots of taste and fills you up pretty well.
- 6 teaspoons chili
- 5 teaspoons paprika
- 6 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (500 g) can kidney beans
- 1 (500 g) can baked beans
- 1 (200 g) can corn niblets
- 1 large onion
- 500 g beef mince
- 5 cherry tomatoes or 1 large tomatoes
- Mix the spices together in a deep dish or suitable container. The spice left after making this dish, can easily be stored in an airtight container for later use.
- Cut the tomato(es) into small bite size pieces.
- Chop the onion and sauté it, before adding the mince to brown. Have 1 heaped tablespoon of the spice mix over the mince just as you put it in, and then add 1 more midway and 1 more when it’s browned.
- Drain the kidney beans and the corn niblets, before adding with the rest, along with the can of baked beans. Add the prepared tomato(es), and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Stir often as to not let it burn.
- Serve as is, or in corn tortillas.