Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband and boys' favourite way to eat chili. We top ours with a dollop of sour cream and parmesan cheese, with toasted bread. From my mother-in-law.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni
- Saute onions & garlic.
- Add beef and brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in seasonings and tomato paste.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil.
- Partially cover and simmer for 45 minute Stir occasionally.
- Add drained beans cook 15 minute longer.
- Cook macaroni according to directions. Drain & add to chili.
- Heat well before serving.