Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy. Great for the kids.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, crushed, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- corn chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- grated cheese (optional)
- Heat oil.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook 2 minute.
- Add ground beef, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon.
- Cook until brown.
- Add beans and tomatoes with juice.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook until tender.
- Serve with whatever optional ingredients you like.