- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g lean ground beef
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick pan, add a little water and saute the onion and garlic until lightly coloured.
- Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, chilli, salt and pepper and mustard seeds if used.
- Blend well.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.