Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Its easy, and I like it. serve with rice.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g lean ground beef
- 1 (400 g) can tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 (400 g) can red kidney beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick pan, add a little water and saute the onion and garlic until lightly coloured.
- Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, chilli, salt and pepper and mustard seeds if used.
- Blend well.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
As it says this was easy and I liked it too! I left out the mustard seeds but added some ground cumin. I served this over a baked potato topped with grated cheese.
This was very easy and quick...and my guests loved it! i thought it was good, but i had to add a lot of garlic powder and salt to give it more flavor. i cooked my own pinto beans and added some of that juice to the meat. I also added Tapatio hot sauce to give it s little kick. I used Rotel tomatoes with green chilies in it as well...turned out yummy!
This was Great! I let it simmer for a bit longer (30 mins) added some dry Chilli and served it with fresh Lime Juice...delicious and really easy