Recipe by Marty Hugo
This is my father-in-laws recipe for chili. I love to make it on a cold winter night. Sometimes I serve it with Corn Chips in the bottom of the bowl, topped with the chili and then top the chili with grated cheddar cheese
Top Review by bowhuntr
This recipe was great. It was my first time making Chili and I made a few changes. I used venison instead of beef and I added some bell pepper (2) and some fresh jalapeno's (6) and it was awesome!!!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili beans
- Saute meat, onions and garlic until done.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours.
- The beer is optional but does add a good flavor and, of course, the alcohol is cooked out during cooking.