Good, but fairly spicy for me!!! Has lots of good chili flavor though!
Excellent chili recipe, although the 5 minute prep is more like 35. Also, this makes a LOT of chili. I could barely fit all of this in my pot. My variations include the following:
1) Use extra lean ground beef and do NOT drain the fat
2) Get rid of the yucky canned beans liquid
3) Use a 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce
4) Use 2 cups of Trader Joes beef bouillon instead of water
5) Skip the salt altogether
6) Use 1 Jalapeno instead of 2 green chilis
7) Add 2 green peppers chopped, 4 cloves of garlic, and 1 pound sliced sweet sausage (browned first to facilitate cutting)
8) After browning the meats and cooking the vegetables, I transferred everything into a slow cooker for 3 hours of more uniform cooking on high.
It was delicious -- definitely not too spicy for my wife's delicate palette. For me, I added hot sauce in my separate bowl. Enjoy!!
By far one of the best child's that I have eaten. I added a can of drained corn at the end and drained the bean juice. My kids and husband loved it. Made cornbread along with it.
I love this recipe!! I have made it at least 20 times and shared it with many people. I have yet to have anyone not love it. My only change, is that I use canned tomatoes with the liquid instead of tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes.
Really good but a little spicy for me! I halved all the spices. Another time I halved the chili powder and subbed curry powder for cumin. It was a nice, sweeter spice. I added mushrooms and left out the peppers and celery. Yum! Best thing is, it's impossible to screw up.
Easy to make and tastes great. Use less water and it'll be done even faster. (though the slow cook is good for the beans)
superb recipe. So easy and tastes brilliant :)
Delicious, easy, economical, and makes a whole lot. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I like to have leftovers to use on busy nights. I work full time and go to school, so this recipe is a hit for me and my crazy schedule. :)
it was great chili i also added i clove garlic 1 med bell pepper and some celery and every one loved it ty
With all that turkey leftovers we used the turkey instead of ground beef. We didn't add the 2 cups of water and I only used 1/2 the liquid from the kidney beans and pinto beans. I made cornbread using this Corn Muffin recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Corn-Muffins/Detail.aspx and my three men loved the meal!