Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My hubby loves chili con carne. This is a little twist on an old classic..... each serve will cost you ww (aus) 4 points.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 425 g crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups beef stock
- 440 g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Coat a pan with cooking spray, sauté onion until it is softened.
- Stir in the beef mince and brown, Add the garlic, paprika and cumin, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and warm through.
- Scatter with the grated cheese and parsley before serving.
This was way better than I expected to be honest, I added beans and left over rice and cooked it in the croc pot for 4 hours on high. Topped with cheese and crushed corn chips. Thanks for posting!
We really enjoyed this soup although my husband did think I should just have made chili. I am a soup lover and I am the cook!! I did use double the ground beef as that is what I had on hand. I didn't measure the cheese (regular) but I think it would have been a couple of tblsp. per bowl. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the parsley as I am not a fan. Good chili recipe.