Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Meals for two
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- In an 8" skillet cook and stir meat, onion and green pepper until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat and stir in remaining ingredients except beans.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans (with liquid) and stir until bubbly.
This was a perfect thing to do with 1/2 lb. of ground beef. Delicious chili! I didn't have kidney beans so I used black beans. The spice amounts are just right. Served with toppings of cheddar cheese and sour cream, alongside tortilla chips, made this chili one heck of a great weekend lunch. Thanks!
Me and my wife loved the chili con carne, but i like to always try and improve on thing. So i put 4 squares off high quality cooking chocolate in the chili five minutes before the end. what a differance it made.
We tripled this recipe and had it on Super Bowl Sunday, with several friends. Everybody loved it. Also, we gave the recipe to friends who used it as is and they praised it highly, too! It's a great recipe.