1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is posted by request and is a restaurant clone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork, 3/4 inch cube
- 3 lbs beef, 3/4 inch cube
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground jalapenos
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (comino)
- 6 tablespoons fresh ancho chilies, pods seeded and ground
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 tablespoons good quality chili powder
- 1Deseed and clean ancho chili pods.
- 2Soak for 1 hour in hot water.
- 3Drain and grind.
- 5Place pork and beef cubes into a large stock pot.
- 6Fill with water to cover meat.
- 7Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- 8Add jalapeños, garlic, salt, cumin, ancho chili pod paste and pepper.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce to a simmer and cook until meat is done.
- 11Add chili powder and mix all ingredients well.
- 12Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 13Remove from heat and thicken with Masa roux.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Con Carne-Casa Rio Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1914 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2878.1
- Calories from Fat 906
- Total Fat 100.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.3 g
- Cholesterol 1181.6 mg
- Sodium 8490.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 441.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: