Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is posted by request and is a restaurant clone.
Make and share this Chili Con Carne-Casa Rio Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork, 3/4 inch cube
- 3 lbs beef, 3/4 inch cube
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground jalapenos
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (comino)
- 6 tablespoons fresh ancho chilies, pods seeded and ground
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 tablespoons good quality chili powder
- made from masa corn flour
- water, as needed
- Deseed and clean ancho chili pods.
- Soak for 1 hour in hot water.
- Drain and grind.
- Place pork and beef cubes into a large stock pot.
- Fill with water to cover meat.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Add jalapeños, garlic, salt, cumin, ancho chili pod paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until meat is done.
- Add chili powder and mix all ingredients well.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and thicken with Masa roux.