Recipe by Scrivener1
This recipe came from my Pillsbury Cookbook. This has been my favorite way to eat chili since 1995. The recipe listed here includes my modifications. When in season, I have substituted the green chilis with a habenero and another time with a habenero plus 2 tabasco peppers. Both of these, especially the latter, made it a HOT chili.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee ground beef with onion; drain.
- In a large pot, combine ground beef mixture and remaining ingredients, except for the kidney beens.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, stirring occassionally. You can also cook this in a crock pot for 5-6 hours on low.
- Add kidney beans and simmer until thoroughly heated.