1/5 Photos of Chili Con Carne
2 hrs 15 mins
Awesome and great tasting chili. This makes a lot of chili so freeze your unused portions for future meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili (or pinto beans)
- 1Place ground beef in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until brown. Drain and set aside.
- 2Saute the onions, celery and bell pepper until onions are soft and translucent.
- 3Add the ground beef, onions, celery and bell pepper with the remaining ingredients to a large pot.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheddar cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Con Carne
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 1085.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 26.8 g