Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in Healthy Eating. Perfect for a cold winters night.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 750 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 sprig parsley (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the garlic, cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt. Increase the heat to medium, add the minced beef and cook until just browned.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the beef stock, canned tomatoes and it's juice and the tomato paste to the pan and cook for 35 - 45 min, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the kidney beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Can be served on its own or over rice.
- Garnish with parsley.