Recipe by Cathie H.
A real crowd pleaser. Add a nice loaf or two of fresh and hearty bread, and have a football party! This is one of those dishes that tastes better the next day (after the party).
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork or 2 lbs sausage
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 6 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 large green peppers (diced)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans chipotle chiles in adobo (chopped)
- 1 lb mushroom (coarsely chopped)
- 6 large garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 -6 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans (drained)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans brown beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomato sauce, if more liquid desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown crumbled meat on med heat and drain.
- Return to large pot.
- Add diced onions, celery, peppers, mushrooms, garlic, chili powder and salt.
- Sauté on med low for about 20 minutes covered.
- Stir every 5 minutes or so too cook evenly and prevent from sticking.
- Add beans and tomatoes
- Return to a boil and reduce heat to very low to simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Stir often to keep from burning.
- Add extra tomato sauce if desired.