Recipe by Tisme
Posted for ZWT3. I have not tried this yet, but hopefuly, will be as soon as I get around to it. The original recipe calls for 8 tablespoons of chilli powder... If your game... It's up to you !!!
Top Review by Debbwl
A very different kind of chili con carne that is both thick and nicely spiced. I opted to serve over pinto beans. I made using Rev Dr J's Chili Powder #456120 and instead of cubes used ground beef because that is what DH bought when he I told him the meat was going to be for chili. Thank for the post.
- 1 1⁄2 kg lean beef, cut into 1 1/4 cm cubes
- 5 onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 350 ml beer
- 5 tablespoons fresh chili powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and garlic in oil. Stir in the beef cubes and quickly brown. Add the chilli powder, oregano,cumin,Tabasco, tomato puree and beer.
- Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, adding more liquid if necessary. Uncover, taste for seasoning, then simmer for about 15 minutes more.
- Serve with hot rice and or red kidney beans.