Recipe by fowler.connie
This is a family favourite. We love it on cold winter afternoons after a hike......great with a tossed salad and some fresh crusty bread! Feel free to add your favourite ingredients. For example - mushrooms, hot or sweet peppers - use your imagination!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat (bacon drippings are great)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (sweet or hot)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion, garlic and beef in fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover saucepan and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until mixture thickens to serving consistency.
- Note: My family likes it best the next day, after all the flavours have blended. This recipe can easily be doubled.