Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe posted by request.
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 6 lbs ground beef
- 4 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Heat canner-add oil and brown beef, breaking it up to assure even browning.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic and brown lightly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 15 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of it's own accord.
Diana, I have a confession to make....I don't own a pressure cooker! But I liked the look of the ingredients you have for this chili recipe, and I needed enough to serve a small crowd of people so... I followed this recipe exactly (only cut down the amount of water to 1/2 cup)...then I loaded everything equally into 2 separate crock pots. (I did add more "heat" in the form of tobasco to one of the chilis though). Cooked them all day (about 7 hours on low). The results? Lots of hot, spicy chili for a crowd. Thanks for a great recipe!
This is a fantastic recipe. I would suggest adding green peppers to the list of ingredients. It states to add it in the directions and I had to run back to the store to get some!
My boss has made this recipe about 10 times! We get if for leftovers the next day. It is absolutely delicious!!