Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A totally delicious Chili Colorado that is so easy to make and with wonderful acclaim. It includes some exellent short cuts! This is spicy, rich and lip searing, but you go back for more If you can't find pico de gallo pre-made: 2 tomatoes chopped. 1 large white onion chopped. 1 chili serrano chopped. 1 jalapeno chopped. 1/2 bunch of cilantro chopped. juice of 2 limes.
- 3 lbs cubed beef, dusted with
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (lard is more traditional)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or the ready chopped in a jar)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
- 2 (1 lb) containers pico de gallo
- 56 ounces red chili sauce (Las Palmas Medium)
- 28 ounces enchilada sauce (Las Palmas)
- salt and pepper
- Brown the floured beef cubes in the oil. Adding more oil as necessary. Place in an large oven safe casserole.
- Mix in the garlic, oregano, and pico de gallo.
- Cover with the red chili and enchiladas sauces.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Bring to a boil on the stove.
- Place in a pre-heated 425 degree oven cook until the sauce is reduced by half or until tender.
- Serve with rice.