Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty Chili with many layers of flavor. It is great on a cold Colorado day. The family likes it over corn chips and smothered with cheddar cheese. Me I just like crackers. I usually can it. Recipe makes about 4 qts.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans in chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups salsa, I use my own
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages chili seasoning mix, one is good as the next
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white vinegar, if canning
- Brown ground beef in a large pot. Drain fat. Stir in flour to coat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir.
- Simmer covered for at least 3 hours.
- Remove cover and simmer until desired consistency is achieved. (l like mine thick).