Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My family loves this dish which I found in an old recipe book which I bought at a second-hand store. This can also be used as a filling for burritos.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, cubed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 onion, chopped (large)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, brown meat in oil.
- Add flour and stir until browned.
- Add next four ingredients and cook until onion is tender.
- Slowly add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add bay leaf.
- Simmer until meat is tender, 2-3 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.