1/2 Photos of Chili Coconut Chicken Curry
The Flying Chef's Note:
I came up with this the other night it was very good, my son thought it was a bit too spicy, but my hubby who is not into anything that has to much spice loved it, so I guess make your choice. I made just with Kumara as the side instead of rice but feel free to mess around with recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil
- 1 kg chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh lemongrass
- 9.85 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 9.85 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 22.18-29.58 ml fresh coriander, chopped finely
- 120 g bean sprouts
Baked Kumara (sweet potato)
- 1Cook chicken in batches until browned all over, remove and set to one side, wipe pan.
- 2Add onions and garlic, cook until onion is soft, add lemon grass, chili, ground coriander, juice, seeds, turmeric and sauce, cook a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- 3Return chicken chicken to pan with stock, sugar, milk and coconut cream, cook covered about 15-20 Min's until chicken is cooked through, remove lid about 5 Min's before the end, add bean sprouts and fresh coriander, cook remaining time without lid served with baked kumara.
- 4Baked Kumara.
- 5Peel kumara and cut in half, then slice halves into strips.
- 6Combine kumara, oil and seeds in a bowl. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
- 7Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven 10 Min's (200c) Turn heat down to moderate (180c)for a further 15 Min's of until kumara is tender.
- 8To Serve: Place spoonfuls of chicken on a plate and serve kumara on the side.
- 9You can also serve with brown rice if desired, we try to limit our carbs so the kumara is plenty for us.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili Coconut Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1056.0
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 564.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 59.6 g